Cloud Microphones JRS-34-P Passive Ribbon Mic
From direct RCA* lineage comes the best of the vintage style ribbon sound. Handcrafted entirely in the US, the JRS-34-P combines the best attributes of vintage and modern technologies to create a high-quality ribbon microphone ideally suited for music and voice. The JRS-34-P, like other passive ribbon microphones, requires a high-gain preamp -or a Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter® product. Included is a beautiful handcrafted wooden box and a microfiber mic cover, designed to properly store and clean the microphone.
Designed in collaboration with Stephen Sank, the Cloud® ribbon mics were given the model number prefix JRS in homage to the late Jon R. Sank, Stephen Sank’s father (1934-1998). Known for his work with RCA that produced legendary microphones such as the BK-11 and BK-10A, the senior Sank succeeded RCA’s Harry Olson as the guiding force behind the company’s continuing development of ribbon microphones.
Built upon the shoulders of giant RCA mics, each JRS-34 ribbon is cut, corrugated, and installed by hand in precisely the same fashion as prescribed by Olson. New ideas expand the performance capabilities as well, bringing the design into the 21st century with the addition of custom audio transformers by CineMag Inc., patented rounded magnet technology, internal spring mounted suspension, and more.
- · Figure 8 polar pattern, excellent side null rejection
- · Patented Rounded Magnet technology
- · Frequency Response: 20 Hz to above 20 kHz
- · Maximum SPL: 138 + dB SPL above 1 kHz
- · Output Impedance: 150 ohms nominal
- · Output Sensitivity: -49 dBv/Pa
- · Ribbon element dimensions: .19 inches wide, 2.35 inches long, 1.8 microns thick
- · New mount offers 180 degree range of motion
- · Internally shock mounted
- · Built in XLR connector
- · 2 year ribbon warranty
- · Free limited lifetime warranty on all other parts, with registration
- · Handmade entirely in the USA*RCA is a registered trademark of Radio Corporation of America. References to RCA are historical in nature and imply no affiliation with Cloud Microphones.