Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-Zi Instrument/Mic Activator
The Cloud® Microphones Cloudlifter® CL-Zi Instrument/Mic Activator® brings our popular Cloudlifter technology to guitar players, bass players, keyboard players and more, allowing you to contour your sound with variable impedance loading.
The CL-Zi’s variable impedance “Z” knob and high-pass filter work in tandem to create massive tone control through the manipulation of impedance loading. This is a great way to customize your tone before the gain stage of your signal path – just turn the “Z” knob until it sounds right!
The CL-Zi has a three-position gain switch allowing for minimum gain, more gain, or the maximum gain available (up to approx. 12dB for instruments and an impressive +25db for microphones). This allows you to access clean gain and a lower noise floor for many studio or stage applications, from an electric guitar player that uses amp modeling or an acoustic guitar player performing live to singers with dynamic microphones to increase gain before feedback on stage.
The new CL-Zi also retains all of the original Cloudlifter-Z features for adding clean gain to dynamic and ribbon microphones.
- Fully sweep-able variable impedance loading from 150ohms to 15kohms
- High-Pass filter frequency variable from below 20hz to over 4khz
- Three gain settings yield up to +25dB, 12dB, or 6dB with mics and up to +12dB, 6dB, or 3dB with instruments
- Compatible with 1/4” Hi-z instrument inputs and XLR Lo-z microphones
- Hi-z input of >1Mohm primary impedance prior to secondary loading via the Cloudlifter’s Vari-Z interface
- Improves microphone gain before feedback ratio in live & public address applications
- Easy to use self-contained design requires only phantom power
- Compatible with dynamic, ribbon, tube, battery, or power supply driven microphones
- Uses patented Class A, discrete JFET circuitry and patented Vari-Z user interface
- Rugged, road-ready, and portable for studio, stage, and broadcasting
- Free lifetime limited warranty for parts and labor with product registration
- Manufactured and fabricated responsibly in the USA
*RCA is a registered trademark of Radio Corporation of America. References to RCA are historical in nature and imply no affiliation with Cloud Microphones.
Date of RoHS Compliance:
March 1, 2010
Statement Updated for RoHS II: May 18, 2015
To Cloud Microphones Customers in the European Union:
Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (the “RoHS Directive”) restricts the use of the hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. The policy of Cloud Microphones is to comply with all applicable laws of all jurisdictions where our products are distributed, including the RoHS Directive.
Cloud Microphones maintains a rigorous program designed to ensure compliance of all its products with the RoHS Directive, and takes the following measures, among others, as we have deemed appropriate:
- Maintains official confirmation and certification from suppliers as to compliance of their parts and other materials with the RoHS Directive
- Performing material content testing
- Where applicable, new compliant materials replaced non-compliant material
- Maintains inventory and records to confirm, document, identify, and segregate compliant products and materials from non-compliant products and materials
- Maintains parts manufacturing and processes that are 100% RoHS compliant for every product
- Appropriate labeling of products (or packaging)
Based on our RoHS Directive compliance program, Cloud Microphones certifies to you that to the best of our knowledge all Cloud Microphones products marketed by Cloud Microphones or Cloud Microphones’ authorized distributors in the European Union, on or after March 1, 2010, are in compliance with the RoHS Directive and RoHS II.